The Mediterranean island nation of Malta is a full E.U member state and part of the 26-nation Schengen zone. In 2014 Malta became the latest European nation to instigate a Citizenship by Investment program, called the Malta Golden Passport, also referred to as an Individual Investor Program (IIP). The ruling grants Maltese citizenship and a passport to foreign investors who make a substantial investment in Malta and show ties to the country.
- Full citizenship and Passport to an E.U member state
- Visa-free travel to more than 170 countries worldwide
- U citizenship entitles the holder the right to live and work anywhere in Western Europe
- Fast Processing Maltese residency within 3-4 months.
- Full Maltese citizenship and passport after 12 months
All Citizenship by Investment applicants must:
- Make a 650,000 donation to Malta’s National Development and Social Fund (NDSF) and purchase real estate worth 350,000 and retain ownership of said property for a minimum of five years (the applicant also has the option of renting a Maltese property for five years at the rate of 16,000 per year).
- Purchase 150,000 worth of Maltese government bonds.
The Maltese government has stated that their IIP (Individual Investor Program) is limited to 1800 cases, and when that figure is reached the program will be closed.
Fee and Costs
The total all-inclusive costs including IIP investment totals, government fees, due diligence and legal fees for one applicant should total approx. 1.2 million. Additional costs will apply for dependents and family members. Please contact 2ndPassports.com for a specific quote.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
This is a secure online application protected by SSL encryption