The United Kingdom remains one of the most important and influential countries in the world, and a leader in the worlds of economy, the arts, health, education and human rights.
The UK has long been a dream destination for migrants of Commonwealth nations like Australia, Canada, the West Indies, India and Pakistan, as well as Arab nations, China and the US. The UK has the world’s sixth strongest economy, is the perfect location for both business and family life.
2ndPassports.com offers two types of Citizenship by Investment programs for UK
- UK Entrepreneur Program (minimum investment £200,000)
- UK Tier 1 Immigrant Investor Program (minimum investment £1 million)
1. UK Entrepreneur Program
The UK Entrepreneur Program requires the main applicant to pass an English Language test at the equivalent of level 6.0 IELTS (International English Language Testing System) before the visa is granted. Initially the applicant and his dependents (spouse and children under the age of 18) can receive a visa for 3 years 4 months, then extend their stay by 2 more years.
After spending five years in the UK as residents, the main applicant and their dependent family will be eligible to apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain). 12 months after receipt of the applicant can apply for full UK citizenship.
The requirements are that the main applicant have £200,000 available to set up a new business in the UK and create two new jobs for UK residents. The main applicant will be expected to work full time running this business, paying taxes, paying salaries to the two new employees for the full 5-year residency period.
2ndPassports.com does not provide a handholding service throughout the 5-year duration of the UK Entrepreneur program. 2ndPassports.com will assist the applicant in all document preparation, business localization and establishment, housing and all resulting legal issues.
2ndPassports.com’s fee for assistance is approx. £30,000 for this program.
2. UK Investor Immigration Program
The United Kingdom has an official Investor Immigration Program for high net-worth individuals prepared to make a substantial and significant investment in the economy and development of the United Kingdom.
Back in April 2011 the UK government announced it would present a red carpet to foreign investors and entrepreneurs by giving them more economic incentives and ease prior restrictions.
The minimum investment required for the UK Investor Immigration Program is £1 million, of which £750,000 has to be invested for a minimum 5-year term in government bonds or share capital. The investor cannot invest this money in property or bank deposits. No employment is allowed. ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) is issued after 5 years.
The investor is free to do whatever they choose with the remaining £250,000. Financing options are available but the investor must prove they have at least £2 million in assets.
If an investment of £5 million is made, ILR is received after 3 years. If the investment is £10 million, ILR will be received after 2 years.
Ease of Application
Applicants applying for UK Investor Immigration Program will find the process relatively straightforward and simple in comparison with the UK Entrepreneur Program
- No personal interview.
- No English language requirement to obtain visa.
- No prior business experience needed.
- No medical examination.
- Government interview is often waived.
- Processing time is extremely fast, normally 1-6 weeks.
Eligibility & Requirements
The applicant must:
- Must be over 18 yrs of age.
- Maintain the said investment amount throughout the citizenship process without decline in asset value.
- Live in the UK (180 days per-year allowed absence)
- Have no prior criminal record.
- Have sufficient financial means and accommodation
The investment must be made within 3 months of entering UK. The investor is allowed to bring their spouse and children under 18 years of age. The investor will be eligible to apply for UK citizenship after five years of residency in the UK. The UK allows dual nationality, but applicants are advised to check to see if their home country does also.
Here is a brief outline of how 2ndPassports.com will assist an applicant
- Submission by a specialized UK Immigration law firm of the following applications:
– Initial Tier 1 (Investor) immigration application at the British Diplomatic Post in your home country
– Extension of Leave application at the end of year three from within the UK
ILR application at the end of year five from within the UK
- Background Verification Report prepared by a specialist company
- Tax planning advice, prior to establishing UK residence
- Assistance in the opening of an investment account and regular monitoring of said account to ensure UK government requirements are met
- Introduction to personal and/or private banking services in the UK.
- Introduction to other experts as required, including landing services, English courses, educational advice, accountants, etc.
- Assistance in setting up your first home (rented or purchase) in the UK.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
This is a secure online application protected by SSL encryption